This protein-packed Keto French Toast Loaf makes French toast in a loaf pan! It is a delicious breakfast or snack and can be enjoyed on the go. Only 1.7g net carbs per serving!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links. Thank you for your support!
Raise your hand if you LOVE French toast. My hand is definitely raised over here! In fact, if I had to name my top sweet breakfasts, French toast would definitely make the list. There is just something about softened bread fried up and drowning in maple syrup, butter, and powdered sugar that gets me every time.
But let’s be real here: French toast is pretty much the polar opposite of a keto-friendly food. It’s basically ALL carbs (except the eggs and butter) and ALL sugar (all of that heavenly powdered sugar and maple syrup!).
I’m here to solve that problem with… Keto French Toast Loaf! 😍 It’s:
- Only 1.7g net carbs per serving
- Packed with 10g protein per serving
- The perfect vehicle for butter, keto-friendly powdered sugar, and keto-friendly maple syrup
- An awesome breakfast or snack
- Perfect plated or served on-the-go
Sounds dreamy, right? It is! Let me show you how to make it:
Ingredients Needed for Keto French Toast Loaf
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
If you’re looking for a sugar substitute, you’ll love Swerve Confectioners! It uses (natural) sugar alcohols which have zero effect on blood sugar, meaning you can subtract them from the net carb count. (That gives Swerve zero net carbs.) It also measures just like sugar, so there isn’t any guessing about how much to use. I purchase the 48 oz. bags because they are convenient and a much better price per ounce than the 12 oz. bags.
This protein powder contains only 1g net carbs per serving and 25g protein. It is delicious in keto smoothies!
*If you would prefer to skip the protein powder, see the recipe card notes for a few modifications you’ll have to make.
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
How to Easily Make Keto French Toast Loaf
This is just a quick overview of how to make low carb French toast. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Mix the cream cheese and Swerve Confectioners in a bowl, then add the eggs.
Add the remaining ingredients.
The mixture will be quite liquidy at this point. Don’t worry; it will firm up! Add it to a greased loaf pan or silicone loaf pan…
then bake. After letting it cool, remove from the pan, slice into 8 slices, and serve!
Why I Used Protein Powder in This Recipe
I added protein powder to this recipe for two reasons:
- To boost the protein content of the recipe. The scoop of protein powder adds an additional 3g protein per serving.
- To firm up the loaf to make it more portable. Without the protein powder, the loaf has a set custard texture. It’s portable but a bit fragile. The protein powder gives it a nice firmness that lets you just wrap up a slice in a bit of plastic wrap or throw it in a Ziploc bag without worry.
If you don’t want to use the protein powder, see the recipe card notes for a few modifications.
How to Serve Your Keto French Toast Loaf
I highly recommend serving your Keto French Toast with:
Of course, if there is a keto-friendly French toast topping that you prefer, go for it!
Keto French Toast Loaf Origins
Although I have made multiple modifications, the base of recipe did not originate with me. In fact, the Keto French Toast Loaf recipe is a bit of an internet legend! 😉 According to this post, the original recipe was a keto cream cheese pancake from All Day I Dream About Food, which was then baked by Instagrammer @Keto.Sam.Iam. I’ve seen quite a few variations floating around online. I hope you enjoy this one!
Nutrition Facts for Keto French Toast Loaf
Per slice (1/8 of the loaf):
- 210 calories
- 18g fat
- 10g protein
- 1.7g net carbs
More Keto Breakfast Recipes You May Enjoy
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this keto French toast! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto French Toast Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the cream cheese and Swerve to a mixing bowl. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, butter, cinnamon, protein powder, vanilla, and nutmeg, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased loaf pan or silicone loaf pan (8.5" x 4.5").
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the crust on the outside is browned and the mixture is cooked through in the center.
- Serve topped with melted butter and sugar-free syrup.
- I made this recipe with NOW Sports Nutrition Creamy Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate, which contains 1g net carbs and 25g protein per serving.
- If you would prefer not to add protein powder to the recipe, increase the vanilla extract by an additional 1/2 tsp and bake for 40-50 minutes instead. The result will be similar to a set custard. (By adding protein powder, the texture is a bit firmer — plus it boosts the protein level.)
- Nutrition facts do not include optional toppings.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.