Want an easy way to stick to keto in the AM? Try this delicious Bacon Cheddar Keto Breakfast Casserole! It’s ready to serve in just under 45 minutes and will make a tasty and healthy start to your day.
I’ve also included links to six more easy keto casserole recipes to make your keto breakfast meal prep a breeze.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
It seems like everyone is obsessed with their slow cooker, Instant Pot, or Air Fryer, but I have to admit I’m still in love with a good oven-baked casserole. There may be no fancy buttons to push or cutting-edge food technology, but casseroles come together with ease and produce a mouthwatering one-dish meal. What’s not to love?
I’m paying homage to the timeless casserole with this post dedicated to keto breakfast casseroles. If your morning schedule allows, you can whip up a keto breakfast casserole as soon as you roll out of bed and devour it fresh out of the casserole dish before you head out the door in the morning. Or, if your mornings are bit more rushed, you can make it in the evening and heat up a slice at home or at work. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
More Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipes
In addition to giving you the recipe for the Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Casserole (located in the recipe card at the end of the post), I’ve also rounded up six additional keto breakfast casserole recipes for you. Look for the “More Keto-Friendly Breakfast Casseroles You May Enjoy” section later in the post!
Why You’ll Love This Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Ready in just under 45 minutes
- Perfect for meal prep
- Tastes just as good as leftovers
- Can be reheated or served cold
- Made with simple ingredients
- Includes broccoli to boost the fiber content
Ingredients Needed to Make Bacon Cheddar Keto Breakfast Casserole
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card located later in the post.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy keto breakfast casserole:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Broccoli florets (fresh is ideal, but you can also use frozen in a pinch)
- Shredded sharp cheddar (or Colby Jack for a different flavor)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Parsley (optional garnish)
I bet you have most, if not all, of these ingredients in your kitchen right now!
How to Make This Easy Keto Casserole Recipe
This is just a quick overview of how to make low carb breakfast casserole. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card located later in the post.
Add steamed broccoli to the bottom of a casserole dish.
Then add the cheese and bacon. Note about the cheese: You can use sharp Cheddar or Colby Jack (or any cheese, really!). For these photos, I used Colby Jack because it was what I had on hand.
Whisk remaining ingredients and pour over top.
Then place the casserole in the preheated oven. You’ll end up with this… yum! Slice, serve, and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts for Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Per slice (1/6 of the casserole):
- 252 calories
- 21g fat
- 13g protein
- 3.6g net carbs
If you choose to make this into only four servings, each serving will be 5.5g net carbs.
Bacon Cheddar Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Colby Jack
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly and turns bright green.
- Remove from heat and drain thoroughly. Transfer the broccoli to prepared casserole dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and side aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheese, and bacon and bake for 17-23 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- You can use frozen broccoli (cooked and drained) in this dish, but be aware that it will likely introduce additional moisture into the casserole.
- You can replace the cheddar in this dish with Colby Jack or another cheese of choice. Feel free to experiment!
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.
More Keto-Friendly Breakfast Casseroles You May Enjoy
As promised, I’ve rounded up six additional breakfast keto-friendly casserole recipes for you to enjoy:
- Sausage Cauliflower and Cheese Casserole
- Sausage Casserole
- Sausage Ricotta Casserole
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Monte Cristo Casserole
- Sausage and Cheese Casserole
To access the recipes in this post, click on the pink “Get the Recipe Here!” button at the bottom of every recipe summary.
That will take you to the original post where you can find the recipe (usually in a recipe card at the end of the post). 💖 Every post includes nutrition information, so you’ll be able to plug the nutrition facts into your favorite tracking app.
Recipe #1: Sausage Cauliflower and Cheese by Keto Connect
2.3g net carbs: A tasty combination of sausage, eggs and cheese, plus your daily helping of veggies, cauliflower and scallions. This breakfast is simple to make and tastes great for the whole family!
Recipe #2: Sausage Casserole by Perfect Keto
1g net carbs: A sausage and egg casserole that is fast and easy to make! This recipe adds a healthy portion of mushrooms and spinach to your diet.
Recipe #3: Sausage Ricotta by Joy Filled Eats
2g net carbs: This fantastic dish includes tomatoes, basil, ricotta cheese and sausage and it tastes amazing! Easy to make, flavorful and delicious, this casserole serves great for the whole family.
Recipe #4: Eggs Benedict by Peace, Love and Low Carb
2g net carbs: This dish brings together Canadian bacon, thin-sliced ham, fluffy eggs and a fantastic combination of spices. The taste is “out of this world” and I agree with the recipe’s creator, you won’t miss that muffin!
Recipe #5: Monte Cristo by I Breathe I’m Hungry
4.5g net carbs: What is a Monte Cristo? It is a fantastic combination of pancakes, Canadian bacon, cheese and maple syrup. As a casserole, the Monte Cristo will leave you feeling completely satisfied! This dish will impress both family and friends.
Recipe #6: Sausage and Cheese by Wholesome Yum
1g net carbs: Eggs, cheese, garlic and breakfast sausage combine to make a wonderful flavor! This casserole is easy to make and can be customized.
Can You Reheat Breakfast Casserole?
Absolutely! This keto breakfast recipe reheats beautifully in the microwave, oven, or toaster oven.
How Long Can You Store a Keto Breakfast Casserole in the Fridge?
Once the casserole has cooled to room temperature, you can place it in the fridge. I highly recommend wrapping it tightly with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh. It will last 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
Are Eggs Low Carb?
Yes, eggs are low carb… but they aren’t carb-free! I think many people assume that all animal products are carb-free, but that’s not the case for all foods. A large egg contains 0.4g carbs, although many labels will say 0g because of labeling laws. (Under 0.5g can legally be labeled as 0g.) I’ve calculated this recipe with the true carb count so you can be confident in the nutrition facts!
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy keto casserole recipe roundup! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!