Looking for a mouthwatering keto casserole recipe the whole family will love? Try this Keto Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza Casserole! Bonus points: it even sneaks in vegetables in the form of a cauliflower-and-cheese crust.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
Deep dish pizza. Bet you didn’t think you’d ever be able to eat something like that on keto, did you?! I’m so excited to bring you this Keto Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza casserole (I love a good casserole!) recipe to help make all your keto pizza dreams come true. 🙂 This is something the whole family will love and will make a healthy-but-delicious addition to pizza night.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Pizza Casserole Recipe
- This is the perfect family meal! Everyone will enjoy digging into their piece of this yummy casserole.
- It sneaks in veggies in the form of a cauliflower-and-cheese crust. This low carb casserole is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables!
- It’s ready in under an hour.
- Did you see all that cheese up there?! Enough said. 😉
Ingredients Needed to Make this Low Carb Pizza Casserole Recipe
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Cauliflower rice — yep, this keto pizza actually has veggies in it!
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Sugar-free pizza sauce — I used Rao’s
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
This is just a quick overview of how to make the cauliflower pizza casserole. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Prep your casserole base (cauliflower crust) and bake it until golden brown.
Then, add in your yummy sugar-free pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
TIP: If you like a sweeter sauce, feel free to add keto-friendly sweetener to taste to your sauce before adding it to the dish.
Bake to melt the cheese… and out comes this oh-so-delicious keto casserole!
Is Pizza Okay on the Keto Diet?
To be successful on the keto diet, you must avoid eating traditional pizza with flour crusts and other high carbohydrate crusts. A popular style of no crust pizza on the keto diet is the keto pizza casserole. However, some low carb pizza crusts are acceptable, including:
- Fathead Dough Crust (using either almond flour or coconut flour)
- Cauliflower Crust (sometimes, see below)
Are All Cauliflower Pizzas Keto-Friendly?
Unfortunately, no. The cauliflower crust in this recipe most certainly is, but I’ve seen plenty of cauliflower crust pizzas popping up in restaurants and the freezer section of the grocery store that are not keto-friendly. They’re low carb, but too high in carbs for a keto diet. Always check nutrition facts before consuming a cauliflower crust pizza!
Where Do I Find Keto Pizza Sauce?
When sourcing keto pizza sauce, you want to look for a sauce that contains no added sugar. With high-carb sugar eliminated, you’ll find that many pizza sauces are surprisingly low in carbs! My favorite brand is Rao’s, which contains only 3g net carbs per 1/4 cup. I’ve found Rao’s at Walmart, Meijer, and Kroger.
Is it Easy to Make a Keto Pizza Crust?
Yes, most keto pizza crusts have about 5 ingredients or less and require a minimal amount of time to prepare and bake.
What Can I Serve with My Casserole?
Since this casserole is a little low in fat, I highly recommend serving it with a small side salad topped with keto ranch dressing!
Then I highly suggest making these easy keto pepperoni chips for a fun no-carb snack.
Nutrition Facts for this Easy Keto Casserole
- 181 calories
- 11g fat
- 12g protein
- 6g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this low carb pepperoni pizza casserole! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower rice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar-free pizza sauce I used Rao’s
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat cauliflower rice in a medium bowl in the microwave for 8 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze cauliflower over sink to drain liquid from cloth. Transfer cauliflower to a medium bowl to cool slightly.
- Add egg, Cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to cauliflower and mix to combine well.
- Transfer mixture to an 8- x 8-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Spread mixture over bottom and up sides of pan to about a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake at 450° for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over bottom of crust. Top with Mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- You can use regular pepperoni or turkey pepperoni depending on your preferences.
- If you like a sweeter sauce, feel free to add keto-friendly sweetener to taste to your sauce before adding it to the dish.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.