This Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing is just the dressing you need to take your salads to the next level! Classic ranch dressing mixed with fresh crumbled bacon will make any salad a 10 out of 10.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
Growing up, my favorite salad dressing was definitely ranch dressing. How about you? Sure, I had some moments with French dressing and Italian dressing over the years, but I always went back to ranch.
Apparently I am a typical American because ranch dressing has been the #1 selling dressing in the U.S. since 1992 (prior to that, Italian dressing held the top spot), and 40% of Americans state that ranch is their favorite dressing. (Blog friends from around the world, what is your favorite dressing?)
Needless to say, it’s about time that I made a homemade keto ranch dressing. I made it a little extra special by adding crumbled bacon because everything is better with bacon, right? I hope you enjoy this easy Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing recipe!
Ingredients Needed for Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Swerve Confectioners: If you’re looking for a sugar substitute, you’ll love Swerve Confectioners! It uses (natural) sugar alcohols which have zero effect on blood sugar, meaning you can subtract them from the net carb count. (That gives Swerve zero net carbs.) It also measures just like sugar, so there isn’t any guessing about how much to use. I purchase the 48 oz. bags because they are convenient and a much better price per ounce than the 12 oz. bags.
- Mayonnaise (see the section later in the post for mayo recommendations)
- Sour cream
- Heavy whipping cream
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill weed
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Unsweetened almond milk
How to Make Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing
This is just a quick overview of how to make keto ranch dressing with bacon. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Then mix in the wet ingredients (mayo, sour cream, keto buttermilk — more on how to make that in the next section — Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar) and finally the crumbled, cooked bacon.
If needed, add unsweetened almond milk to thin to preferred texture. Serve immediately if desired, although this dressing tastes best after the flavors have a chance to combine in the fridge overnight. Enjoy!
How to Make Keto Buttermilk
No need to buy buttermilk to make ranch dressing! Traditional buttermilk has 12g carbs per cup and 12g sugar (via lactose, the sugar found in milk). You can instead make your own homemade buttermilk for this recipe using heavy whipping cream or unsweetened almond milk combined with a little apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. To compare:
- Heavy whipping cream: 6.4g net carbs per cup (some heavy whipping cream containers show 0g carbs per tablespoon, but it’s really about 0.4g per tablespoon)
- Unsweetened almond milk: 1g net carbs per cup
Using heavy whipping cream will give your keto ranch dressing a richer flavor, but both work well.
All you have to do is add apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), stir, and wait 5-8 minutes. It’s amazing how quickly it thickens! Photo #1 is plain heavy whipping cream, photo #2 is just a few seconds after I added apple cider vinegar, photo #3 is after 8 minutes, and photo #4 shows you just how thick it gets.
What Kind of Mayonnaise Should I Use in Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing?
If you want the healthiest keto ranch dressing, you should opt for a mayonnaise that isn’t filled with soy oil like many popular brands. You can make your own using this recipe (I suggest using avocado oil or light olive oil) or you can buy a brand like Primal Kitchen. I buy mine from Thrive Market (aka the Costco of Whole Foods!). Read my Thrive Market review and grab a coupon for a whopping 25% off your first order!
Why is Worcestershire Sauce Optional?
Worcestershire sauce has a tiny amount of sugar in it. You only need 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce in this recipe so it adds almost no sugar, but you can skip it if you prefer. It does add a great flavor though!
How Long Does Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing Last?
Because this recipe calls for fresh crumbled bacon, the dressing will only last about four days in the fridge. If you skip the bacon, it will keep up to a week.
How to Serve Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing
Use it as a salad dressing, veggie dipping sauce (fresh broccoli tastes soo good dipped in this stuff!), keto sandwich spread, chicken or turkey breast sauce, etc.
This dressing will also go great on my Keto Loaded Salad (skip the tahini dressing and use this instead).
Can I Adjust the Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing Recipe?
Yes, of course! There are a million homemade ranch dressing recipes out there. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your liking as well as play around with the mayo/sour cream/buttermilk ratios. (Or add more bacon. There is no such thing as “too much bacon.”) If there is a version you really love, I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
Nutrition Facts for Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing
Per serving (about 2 tbsp):
- 139 calories
- 15g fat
- 1g protein
- 1g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this keto ranch dressing recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Bacon Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Keto buttermilk see below
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce optional
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste I like 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- Unsweetened almond milk to thin if needed
- 2 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
Keto Buttermilk Recipe
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and Swerve in a small bowl.
- Make the keto buttermilk by following the instructions below.
- When the keto buttermilk is ready, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce (optional), and apple cider vinegar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add herb mixture and mix well to combine.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- If desired, use unsweetened almond milk to thin the dressing to your desired consistency.
Keto Buttermilk Instructions
- In a small bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and apple cider vinegar. Wait 5-8 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the mixture has the consistency of buttermilk.
- This tastes best when given time for the flavors to combine in the fridge (at least overnight).
- Feel free to make this dressing recipe your own! There are so many seasoning combos out there, as well as different combos of mayo/sour cream/buttermilk. Play around with it until you find your perfect ranch dressing.
- Each serving is approximately 2 tbsp (this will differ slightly depending on how much almond milk you add to thin, if any).
- To reduce the carbs even further, you can make your buttermilk out of unsweetened almond milk.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.