If cheese is your love language, you are going to love this cheesy Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole! It is bursting with cheesy goodness and wonderfully flavorful chicken and broccoli.
I’m not quite sure what else to say about this casserole other than IT IS SO GOOD. It’s cheesy, creamy, perfectly seasoned, super easy to make, and a dish the whole family will adore. Okay, I guess I had quite a few other things to say about it. 😉 There is a lot to love about this recipe and I am certain it will become a favorite in your household like it is in ours!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Broccoli Casserole
- It uses kitchen staples. No fancy ingredients here; just basics like chicken, broccoli, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, and more.
- It pairs easily with a non-keto side for family members who aren’t on keto. For your non-keto family members, serve this keto casserole with a side of white or brown rice for a super simple meal.
- It also pairs easily with a side salad. Amp up the veggie content of your meal by serving this with a simple side salad.
- Each serving contains only 5g net carbs.
- It is SO good. Need I say more?! 🙂
Ingredients Needed for this Cheesy Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Ingredient quantities for the keto chicken casserole are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Broccoli florets – preferably fresh, but you can also use frozen
- Cooked chicken breast – you can prep this up to 3-4 days in advance, if desired
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Keto Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole
This is just a quick overview of how to make low carb chicken broccoli casserole. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Assemble all ingredients and cook your broccoli.
TIP: It’s best to use fresh broccoli (it will give the best flavor and a firmer structure to the casserole), but you can use frozen broccoli if you’re in a pinch.
Then create the cheese sauce. Try not to eat it off the spoon! 😉
TIP: This cheese sauce can be used for other dishes. It’s great to make as a sauce for broccoli or cauliflower!
Stir in chopped, cooked chicken breast and steamed broccoli.
Transfer to a baking dish, top with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake. Out comes this beauty…
Portion into individual servings and enjoy!
Can I Eat Chicken and Broccoli Casserole on the Keto Diet?
You can eat chicken and broccoli casserole on the keto diet as long as you substitute the heavy carb ingredients with low carb ingredients. You must not use rice in the recipe. Instead, you can either add more fat content like healthy fats and more broccoli.
How Do I Make Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Keto-Friendly?
You make chicken and broccoli casserole keto-friendly adding more healthy fats like sour cream and cheese to boost the fat macros and use extra broccoli in place of rice. Making a keto version of this recipe is easy and similar in prep and cooking time.
Can I Substitute Fresh Broccoli for Frozen in a Casserole?
Yes, you can substitute fresh broccoli for frozen broccoli in a casserole. However, you may need to add a bit more cooking time to allow the fresh broccoli to cook properly. Or, you can chop the broccoli into smaller pieces to allow for a quicker cook time.
Other Keto Casseroles You May Enjoy
Love casseroles? Me too! Check out some of these our best keto casseroles:
- Our easy keto ham recipes are delicious, especially this popular ham casserole.
- This easy low carb tuna casserole recipe is fast and delicious!
- The whole family can eat breakfast casserole on the keto diet by following our recipe.
- Keto Casseroles with Ground Beef
- Learn how to make chicken Alfredo keto-friendly by following our easy-to-make recipe.
- You can eat pizza casserole on the keto diet by substituting wheat with this amazing vegetable!
- Learn how to make make this easy low carb cheeseburger casserole recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Nutrition Facts for Keto Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Per serving (six total):
- 380 calories
- 25g fat
- 32g protein
- 5g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy low carb chicken casserole! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl with 1-inch water. Microwave on HIGH for 14 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain water from broccoli; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and Dijon mustard until melted and thoroughly combined. Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in chopped, cooked chicken breast and drained broccoli.
- Transfer mixture to an 8- x 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.