Keto pancake for one, please! This easy keto low carb Pancake Mug Cake is SO good that it will make getting out of bed every morning a total breeze.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
So let’s talk about that mug cake up there. Admittedly, I’m having a hard time typing about it because I keep staring at that photo and thinking, “I really should go into the kitchen and make another one RIGHT NOW…”
Friends, this keto mug cake tastes like a pancake. (Especially when served cut in half — I’ll share photos of that version soon.) It’s happiness in a mug. And it’s so easy to make! This keto Pancake Mug Cake is literally going to have you bouncing out of bed in the morning with a smile on your face, knowing that you’re just a few minutes away from a ridiculously good low carb pancake.
You need just a few keto staples to make it and a few minutes of your time. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
Ingredients Needed for a Keto Pancake Mug Cake
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
I’ve tried several coconut flour brands, and TerraSoul is my favorite so far. Their coconut flour is light and fresh.
If you’re looking for a sugar substitute, you’ll love Swerve Confectioners! It uses (natural) sugar alcohols which have zero effect on blood sugar, meaning you can subtract them from the net carb count. (That gives Swerve zero net carbs.) It also measures just like sugar, so there isn’t any guessing about how much to use. I purchase the 48 oz. bags because they are convenient and a much better price per ounce than the 12 oz. bags.
No pancake is complete without maple syrup! This stuff is divine and tastes so much like the real thing.
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Medium egg (you can use a large egg, but it will be a bit “eggy” if you do)
OPTIONAL: For a slightly different (and oh-so-good) flavor, you can omit the vanilla extract and instead use 1 drop of Capella Buttercream Flavor Drops.
How to Make a Keto Pancake Mug Cake
Here’s what you do…
Step #1: To start, melt butter in a microwave-safe mug. Then add vanilla extract and a medium egg. Beat the egg with a fork until the yolk and white are blended.
Step #2: In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, Swerve, and baking powder. (I don’t bother sifting my coconut flour, but feel free to do so.) Mix thoroughly to combine.
Step #3: Add dry ingredients to the mug, then mix thoroughly until well-combined.
Step #4: Place the mug in the microwave for one minute on high.
Step #5: When finished, put a fork in the mug cake and carefully lift it up and flip it over. If the bottom isn’t fully cooked yet (this will depend on your microwave), cook it for another few seconds.
How to Top Your Keto Pancake Mug Cake
For the best pancake experience 😁, I highly recommend topping your mug cake with:
- Lakanto Maple-Flavored Syrup
- Swerve Confectioners
How to Serve Your Keto Pancake Mug Cake
There are three main ways to serve your low carb “pancake”:
- In the mug. This is the most convenient option for an on-the-go breakfast!
- On a plate in its full shape. Pop it onto a plate, top it, and you’re good to go.
- On a plate cut in half. In my opinion, this is the BEST way to serve your pancake mug cake! This allows the toppings to soak in and give you a divine pancake experience.
THAT right there is a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Don’t you think?!
(If you need another reason to get out of bed in the morning, try my roundup of 17 must-try keto breakfast recipes!)
Nutrition Facts for a Keto Pancake Mug Cake
Note: The nutrition facts below don’t include toppings, so you’ll need to measure and calculate those on your own.
- 146 calories
- 10g fat (topping your keto pancake mug cake with butter will help increase this!)
- 7g protein
- 3.4g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this low carb Pancake Mug Cake! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto + Low Carb Pancake Mug Cake
Mug cake ingredients
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe mug or ramekin. Then add vanilla extract and the egg. Whisk until yolk is incorporated and mixture is well-combined.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, Swerve, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the mug (or ramekin), then mix thoroughly until well-combined.
- Place the mug in the microwave for one minute on high.
- When finished, put a fork in the mug cake and carefully lift it up and flip it over. If the bottom isn’t fully cooked yet (this will depend on your microwave), cook it for another few seconds.
- Your pancake mug cake can be enjoyed in the mug, fully intact on a plate or bowl, or cut in half on a plate or bowl. (I prefer cutting mine in half.) To serve, top with butter, Lakanto maple-flavored syrup, and Swerve Confectioners.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.