Yes, this keto mug cake really tastes like blueberry pancakes! If you want pancakes in the morning but don’t want to fuss with the stove, this Keto Blueberry Pancake Mug Cake recipe is for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
One of the rules I live by: If something is good, do/make/buy more of it. One of my favorite recipes on this site is my Keto Mug Cake, so of course I had to make more variations! I have a few in the works and I don’t think you’ll be sad that the first one is this Keto Blueberry Pancake Mug Cake.
With the addition of blueberries and just the tiniest tweak of the original recipe, you’ll end up with a tasty fruity mug cake that will satisfy your fruit cravings without kicking you out of ketosis. You can top it with butter, maple-flavored syrup, or my favorite super easy glaze icing (recipe below).
If you want pancakes in the morning but don’t want to waste time with the stove, this recipe is for you!
Keto Blueberry Mug Cake Ingredients
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Purchase this Coconut Flour: I’ve tried several coconut flour brands, and TerraSoul is my favorite so far. Their coconut flour is light and fresh.
Swerve Confectioners: If you’re looking for a sugar substitute, you’ll love Swerve Confectioners! It uses (natural) sugar alcohols which have zero effect on blood sugar, meaning you can subtract them from the net carb count. (That gives Swerve zero net carbs.) It also measures just like sugar, so there isn’t any guessing about how much to use. I purchase the 48 oz. bags because they are convenient and a much better price per ounce than the 12 oz. bags.
- Butter (if you are dairy-free, you can use coconut oil instead)
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Large egg
- Optional: ChocZero Maple Syrup (use coupon code FORGETSUGARFRIDAY for 10% off your order!)
- Optional: unsweetened almond or coconut milk (if you make the glaze)
How to Make a Keto Blueberry Pancake Mug Cake
This is just a quick overview of how to make the keto mug cake. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Melt butter in a microwave-safe mug or ramekin. (I used a ramekin for most of these photos. I’ve discovered that I prefer a ramekin over a mug, but no worries if you don’t have one! It will still taste great.) To the melted butter, add vanilla extract and the egg, whisking to combine. In another small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Reserve the blueberries.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine thoroughly.
Then fold in your blueberries…
… and put your mug cake in the microwave. Microwave on high for one minute. When finished, put a fork in the mug cake and carefully lift it up and flip it over. If the bottom isn’t fully cooked yet (this will depend on your microwave), cook it for another few seconds.
Here is what you get if you use a ramekin vs. a mug. Different shapes, but delicious either way!
How to Top Your Keto Blueberry Mug Cake
- The most pancake-like topping would be butter and ChocZero Maple Syrup (use coupon code FORGETSUGARFRIDAY for 10% off your order!).
- Coconut oil is a great topping too!
- My preferred topping is a layer of butter and then a simple glaze icing. For a single mug cake, mix 1 1/2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners and 1 tsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
Nutrition Facts for a Keto Blueberry Pancake Mug Cake
- 154 calories
- 10g fat (topping your keto pancake mug cake with butter will help increase this!)
- 7g protein
- 5.1g net carbs
More Keto Breakfast Ideas to Get You Out of Bed in the Morning!
Make sure you start your morning right with a delicious and satisfying meal from our Keto Breakfast Ideas.
- Keto Breakfast Casserole: Try one of our fantastic and easy to make breakfast casseroles!
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls are a sweet and satisfying option as well.
- Keto Eggloaf is a classic treat, especially when it is topped with Keto Whipped Cream!
- Perhaps you need a quick keto breakfast, so try our Ketogenic Omelette in a mug with some Keto Candied Bacon (aka “OMG Bacon”), the BEST way to eat bacon!
- Keto Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is another fantastic pancake in a mug treat!
- If you’re in a hurry, how about one of our delicious Keto Cookies and a cup of Keto Crack Coffee? It’ll put some serious pep in your step!
When all else fails, you can grab a quick bite at McDonald’s using our Mcdonalds Keto Breakfast menu.
Choc Zero Coupon
Be sure to use your Choc Zero Coupon discount when you purchase your chocolate chips and your maple syrup! Choczero chocolate chips can be used in many of your keto cookies recipes, keto desserts and some keto breakfast recipes like our Keto Chocolate Chip Mug Cake mentioned above.
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this low carb blueberry pancake mug cake! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Blueberry Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 10 blueberries
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe mug or ramekin. Then add vanilla extract and the egg. Whisk until yolk is incorporated and mixture is well-combined.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, Swerve, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the mug (or ramekin), then mix thoroughly until well-combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Place the mug in the microwave for one minute on high.
- When finished, put a fork in the mug cake and carefully lift it up and flip it over. If the bottom isn’t fully cooked yet (this will depend on your microwave), cook it for another few seconds.
- Top with desired toppings (see the Notes section for a delicious glaze icing) and enjoy!
- Optional glaze icing: Mix 1 1/2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners and 1 tsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- If you're dairy-free, you can use coconut oil instead of butter in this recipe.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.
Didn’t have any blueberries. So I’m used sugar free chocolate chips instead. Very delicious and easy to whip together. Will definitely make again!
Hi Mimi, Yum! Great idea! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed it. 🙂 Try our keto chocolate chip mug cake recipe.
Please what size ramekins 12 oz or 14 oz? Thanks
Hi Bonnie! I used a 12 oz ramekin.
Can you use almond flour instead of coconut?
Hi Mallory! To substitute with almond flour, use 4 tbsp almond flour (coconut flour is very dry/dense, so you need a lot less).
Yummy. One of the better keto desserts I have tried. Quick and easy. Big portion.
Thanks so much, Nk! Glad you enjoyed! 🙂
Can I use frozen berries?
Hi Patty! Yes, you can use frozen berries that have been thawed. (You could also add them frozen, but that will increase the microwave time – I’m not sure by how much exactly, so you would need to keep an eye on it.)
Really good! One of the better sweet keto recipes I’ve found (and I’ve been having trouble adjusting to sugar substitutes). For once the taste of the swerve isn’t bad and blends in well. The glaze was delightful. Easy to make for a semi-lazy weekend breakfast. 😋 I was feeling luxurious so I used both keto maple syrup and the glaze and it was delicious. Will make again.
Hi Allison, Thanks so much for the review – I’m thrilled that you liked it! I’ll have to try it with a little added keto maple syrup too. 🙂
This recipe for Keto blueberry mug cake is great. Adding the blueberries and topping the mug cake off with butter and the glaze icing makes it delicious! It is super simple to put together even on the mornings I have to be in the office early.