Are you looking to upgrade your bacon to something (even more) spectacular? Then you’ve got to try making this Keto Candied Bacon recipe! I’ve nicknamed it “OMG Bacon” because “OMG!” is the first thing that’s going to come out of your mouth after you try it.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links. Thank you for your support!
It’s hard to believe that bacon could be made to taste even BETTER than it already does, but this Keto Candied Bacon successfully delivers. I’ve nicknamed it “OMG Bacon” because “OMG” is the first thing you’re going to say after you try it! Sweetened with keto-friendly “maple syrup” and “brown sugar,” the flavor is divine — and baking it in the oven on a rack makes it oh-so-crispy.
You can enjoy this tasty bacon:
- On its own (it’s total keto snack heaven!)
- Paired with a savory or sweet side (it’s so good served with avocado and/or eggs scrambled in butter)
- Crumbled on a salad (hello, beautiful candied bacon bits)
- Crumbled on veggies
- As a dessert topping (especially keto ice cream!)
Ingredients Needed for Keto Candied Bacon
You can purchase the first two products below at an awesome price via Thrive Market, which is pretty much like the Costco of high-quality natural foods! Get a MASSIVE discount by using the links below — you’ll get 25% OFF your first order (which makes their already super low prices even lower!) plus a free 30-day trial to their membership program. I’ve recently started using Thrive Market and am a huge fan!
- Bacon (not thick cut)
- Non-stick cooking spray or oil to grease the baking rack
- (Optional) Black pepper or cayenne pepper
How to Make Keto Candied Bacon
This is just a quick overview of how to make candied bacon. For the recipe in detail (and ingredient quantities), scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
This recipe is SO easy! Combine the maple-flavored syrup and half of the brown “sugar” in a bowl. If you want to give your candied bacon a little bit of a spicy kick, add some black pepper or cayenne pepper to taste.
Then dip your bacon in the syrup/sugar mixture and place on top of a lightly greased baking rack that has been placed on a foil-covered cookie sheet. (You may need two cookie sheets depending on the size of your sheets; I did.)
Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar on top of the bacon. Return to the oven for another 12+ minutes (depending on how crisp you like your bacon).
Once cooked, let the bacon cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy. (And enjoy you will!!)
This stuff tastes good served for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or dessert! Here is how I ate it yesterday afternoon, served with scrambled eggs cooked in butter with sea salt and pepper. Yum!
Nutrition Facts in Keto Candied Bacon
Note: Since some of the coating drips off onto the foil, the net carbs are actually even lower than listed below, although it’s impossible to tell by how much.
- 47 calories
- 3g fat
- 3g protein
- 0.3g net carbs
Keto Recipes to Pair with Keto Candied Bacon
Here are a few that will go so well with this easy keto bacon recipe:
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy keto bacon recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Recipe adapted from this non-keto bacon.
Keto Candied Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To a small bowl, add 1/4 cup Swerve Brown and 1/2 cup Lakanto syrup. If desired, add black pepper or cayenne pepper to taste (for a spicy kick). Mix well. Reserve the extra 1/4 cup Swerve Brown.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Then, place a baking rack on top. Coat the baking rack with non-stick cooking spray or a light coating of oil (I used coconut oil). Depending on the size of your cookie sheet, you may need to use two sheets to cook all of the bacon.
- Dip each piece of bacon in your brown sugar/maple syrup mixture and place on top of the rack, making sure none of the pieces overlap.
- Once all of the bacon is coated, place your cookie sheet(s) in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the oven and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Swerve Brown on top of the bacon.
- Continue baking for 12 minutes, or slightly longer depending on how crispy you like your bacon. (Remember it will crisp up more when it cools.)
- Remove bacon from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.