Bacon Cheddar Keto Breakfast Casserole
Want to make your morning keto meal prep a breeze? Try this delicious Bacon Cheddar Keto Breakfast Casserole! It's ready to serve in just under 45 minutes and will make a tasty and healthy start to your day.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Rest Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Colby Jack
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley optional garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly and turns bright green.
Remove from heat and drain thoroughly. Transfer the broccoli to prepared casserole dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and side aside.
Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheese, and bacon and bake for 17-23 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- You can use frozen broccoli (cooked and drained) in this dish, but be aware that it will likely introduce additional moisture into the casserole.
- You can replace the cheddar in this dish with Colby Jack or another cheese of choice. Feel free to experiment!
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.8g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 1mg