Why make regular keto stuffed peppers when you can make Keto Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Peppers? These taste incredible and make for a perfect keto dinner!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links. See my disclosure for details.
If you want an easy keto dinner recipe the whole family will love, try these Pepperoni Pizza Keto Stuffed Peppers! They are just as amazing as they sound and look.
Keto Stuffed Peppers
…and why you’ll love them!
- They require only seven ingredients, making this a simple keto dinner recipe.
- They’re ready in just about 40 minutes.
- They make for an easy, family-friendly dinner recipe.
Ingredients Needed to Make This Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
Ingredient quantities for these low carb stuffed peppers are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Ground mild Italian sausage – see the section later in this post for recommendations
- Rao’s pizza sauce, or another lower-carb pizza sauce – see the section later in this post for recommendations
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Medium green bell peppers
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
How to Make Stuffed Keto Peppers: Pepperoni Pizza
This is just a quick overview of how to make the low carb pepperoni pizza stuffed peppers. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Preheat oven, then cook ground sausage until cooked through.
Add pizza sauce, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
Place pepper halves in a dish and spoon sausage mixture evenly into the peppers. Bake.
Remove dish from oven, top bell peppers with cheese and pepperoni slices, then return to the oven to bake until cheese is melted (about 8-10 minutes).
Serve and enjoy! Each serving is one bell pepper half.
What Brand of Mild Italian Sausage Should I Use in my Low Carb Stuffed Peppers?
For a budget-friendly option, I recommend using Johnsonville Mild All Natural Italian Ground Sausage. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, MSG-free, and contains no artificial colors, artificial flavors, nitrates, or nitrites. It does contain a tiny amount of sugar, but not enough to be harmful or to boost the carb content. (Bacon is the same way; nearly all brands contain a touch of sugar.)
If you want an entirely sugar-free option, I recommend Pederson’s No Sugar Ground Italian Sausage.
What Brand of Sugar-Free Pizza Sauce Should I Use?
If you can find it, Rao’s Pizza Sauce is the best sauce for this recipe! It is available in many grocery stores in the U.S.
If you can’t find it, any sugar-free pizza sauce will suffice. Check the labels and go for the lowest-carb option – as a comparison, Rao’s contains 3g net carbs per 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts for Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers
Each serving (four servings) contains:
- 303 calories
- 25g fat
- 12g protein
- 5g net carbs
More Keto Dinners
Also, try some of our readers top keto dinners:
- Classic Favorites: Keto Mac and Cheese and Keto Pizza are always a huge hit.
- Keto Italian: Try Keto Chicken Alfredo, Keto Meatball Casserole and Keto Pizza Casserole. These dishes go great with Keto Garlic Bread and Keto Antipasto Salad.
- Keto Casseroles: Try some of our Keto Chicken Casserole recipes, Keto Tuna Casserole, Low Carb Ground Beef Casseroles and Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole.
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy keto stuffed pepper recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Stuffed Peppers: Pepperoni Pizza
- 1/2 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup Rao’s pizza sauce or another low-carb pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 medium green bell peppers cut in half lengthwise, seeds and stem removed
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, stirring occasionally and breaking sausage up into smaller pieces. Add pizza sauce, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Place bell pepper halves in an 8-inch baking dish. Spoon sausage mixture evenly into the cavities of the bell pepper halves. Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and top each pepper evenly with Mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Return to oven and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Look for a pizza sauce with 3g net carbs per 1/4 cup, or less.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.