A banana smoothie on keto?! Yes, really! This Keto Banana Smoothie really has the flavor of banana without the carbs. It also packs a healthy veggie punch with the addition of (virtually undetectable!) baby spinach, but you can omit the spinach if you’re not in a green smoothie mood.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
One of my favorite high-carb fruits is banana (along with pineapple and mango!), and it was one of the first fruits I missed on keto. But thanks to the magic of banana extract, I was able to make a smoothie with the wonderful flavor of banana without all the carbs! 🍌 A drizzle of peanut butter on top takes this smoothie to the next level for the ultimate smoothie experience.
I made this smoothie into a keto green smoothie (a smoothie with green veggies) because I’m allll about the keto green smoothies (and the baby spinach in this recipe is virtually undetectable!), but you are welcome to omit the baby spinach if you want a regular keto banana smoothie. No matter if you enjoy it with or without the baby spinach, you’ll love adding this smoothie to your keto menu rotation!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a dairy-free keto recipe!
- The banana flavor will help satisfy your banana or fruit cravings on keto.
- Kids will love this recipe too! It’s a great way to help increase their vegetable intake.
- It makes a great on-the-go keto breakfast or snack that takes only a minute or two to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make Low Carb Banana Smoothie
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Baby spinach*
- Banana extract
- Equip Vanilla Protein Powder*
- MCT oil
- Keto-friendly sweetener
- Xanthan gum
- Unsweetened peanut butter
*Although the best version of this recipe is with Equip Vanilla Protein Powder, I’ll also provide you with a protein powder-free version.
*If you aren’t interested in making a green smoothie, you can omit the baby spinach.
Why I Use (and Love) Equip Protein Powder + Coupon!
The short version: it tastes fabulous and is perfect for keto!
The long version: Prior to embarking on a keto diet, I had been dairy-free for almost a decade because dairy began to cause some strange issues for me like next-day undereye and facial puffiness, acne, and nearly instant sinus drainage.
I tried dairy-free keto for about a month, but then I made the big decision to experiment with introducing dairy into my diet yet again because, let’s face it, dairy is soo good and it makes the keto diet extra-delicious. To my surprise, I had no issues for quite a long time! However, late last year, my dairy issues flared up again (plus a few new ones), so I decided to significantly scale back on dairy.
In addition to other replacements, I wanted to replace my vanilla whey protein powder with a dairy-free, keto-friendly protein powder, which was NOT an easy task. I finally stumbled upon Equip Protein Powder and rejoiced! It contains 0g net carbs, 24g protein, and tastes delicious. It’s actually made from “beef protein isolate,” which I know sounds disgusting 🙂 , but I assure you it is not. (It does not taste like beef at all.) I love both the chocolate and vanilla flavor, but the vanilla is especially tasty.
A coupon for you: You can use coupon code FORGETSUGAR10 at checkout to get a whopping $10 off a bag of Equip Protein Powder (choose from vanilla or chocolate).
TIP: I also use Equip Vanilla Protein Powder in my Keto Shamrock Shake recipe, so make sure to make that one as well if you pick up the protein powder!
How to Make an Easy Keto Banana Smoothie
This is just a quick overview of how to make a Keto Banana Smoothie. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Add ingredients to a blender…
and blend until smooth!
Then, pour into a glass and drizzle peanut butter on top for the ultimate banana smoothie experience.
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
If you love smoothies as much as I do, you’ll love these recipes:
- Keto Piña Colada Green Smoothie
- Keto Lemon Cream Pie Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Keto Green Smoothie
Nutrition Facts for a Keto Banana Green Smoothie
- 301 calories
- 20g fat
- 28g protein
- 2g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy low carb banana smoothie recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Banana Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie isn't cold enough, blend with a few ice cubes (not too many or you’ll dilute the flavor).
- Drizzle 1 tsp unsweetened peanut butter (melted) on top and serve.
- Spinach-Free: Although the baby spinach is virtually undetectable in the smoothie, you can omit it if desired.
- Protein Powder-Free: If you don't want to add protein powder to your smoothie, add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and keto-friendly sweetener to taste (if you use a sweetener like erythritol or Swerve, 2 tbsp is a good starting point). If the result is too thin, add a pinch more xanthan gum.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.