This delicious Roasted Keto Cauliflower Soup with Bacon is oh-so-creamy, comforting, and flavorful thanks to ingredients like butter, heavy whipping cream, and perfectly roasted cauliflower. It’s a true keto comfort food!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
This soup is comfort in a bowl. 🥣 In just about 45 minutes, you’ll have a piping hot bowl of deliciously velvety, flavorful, and healthy soup ready to enjoy. Comfy chair, fuzzy blanket, and a good book optional, but highly recommended.
I absolutely love the creaminess that roasted cauliflower lends to soups. If this weren’t a keto soup recipe, the cauliflower alone would be enough to make it a creamy soup, but on keto, we get to amp up the creaminess with butter and heavy whipping cream. Yum! Add some chicken Keto Broth for flavor and top with crumbled bacon for total soup bliss.
Loaded Keto Cauliflower Soup
…and why you’ll love it!
- It’s ready in just about 45 minutes and is soup-er 😉 easy to make.
- It’s an easy way to add more vegetables to your diet. This soup is loaded with nearly 2 lbs(!) of cauliflower, but you certainly won’t be thinking, “Ugh, I’m eating a vegetable!” while you’re devouring it.
- It’s topped with bacon. Bacon makes everything worth eating.
- It’s total comfort food. Yummy!
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Soup
This is just a quick overview of how to make roasted cauliflower soup. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Start by roasting your cauliflower…
Once the cauliflower is roasted, add it to a large pot with chicken broth and fresh thyme. Simmer and then remove from heat.
TIP: For a thicker soup, use less chicken broth; for a thinner soup, add more chicken broth until you reach your desired consistency.
Then add heavy whipping cream, butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cauliflower Soup Keto
TIP: If you want this soup to be higher in fat without increasing the carb count, you can add more butter.
Using an immersion blender (my preferred method!) or regular blender, puree the soup until it is your desired texture.
Garnish each bowl with bacon and enjoy!
More Keto Side Dishes
As you can see in the nutrition facts below, this soup is a bit low in calories, fat, and protein, so you may want to serve it as a soup side dish. It will pair perfectly with:
- Roasted Radishes Keto: Serve topped with our fantastic Keto Ranch Dressing!
- Keto Deviled Eggs
- Keto Green Beans
- Keto Cornbread
Additionally, if you want this soup to be higher in fat without increasing the carb count, you can add more butter.
Is Cauliflower Okay to Eat on Keto Diet?
Yes, cauliflower is a low net carb vegetable that works for people on the keto diet. One cup of chopped cauliflower has 2.9g net carbs in it. It is used in many recipes on the keto diet as a substitute to high carb grains, including:
- Cauliflower rice
- Pizza crust
- Mashed cauliflower (aka “keto mashed potatoes”) — make sure to check out my Cauli Mash Keto recipe!
- Cauliflower mac and cheese
- Cauliflower tortillas
Is Cauliflower Healthy to Eat?
Yes, cauliflower is a healthy cruciferous vegetable with many health benefits, including:
- A high amount of nutrients
- High levels of antioxidants
- A high amount of fiber which is excellent for a healthy digestive system
- A high amount of the antioxidant sulforaphane which may reduce your risk of cancer
- Large amounts of choline which promote proper nerve function and disease prevention
- It may assist in weight loss for suppressing appetite due to its fiber and water content
Nutrition Facts for Keto Cauliflower Soup
- 182 calories
- 15g fat
- 7g protein
- 4.7g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy keto cauliflower soup recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
- 1 3/4 lb cauliflower florets about 1 medium head
- 4 tbsp butter melted and divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 strips bacon cooked
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with 3 tbsp melted butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden brown, tossing the cauliflower once during baking.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large pot. Add chicken broth and several sprigs of fresh thyme, then bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and carefully remove thyme sprigs. Then add remaining 1 tbsp butter, heavy whipping cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth, working in batches if necessary.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with one cooked-and-crumbled strip of bacon.
- For a thicker soup, use only 3 3/4 cups chicken broth.
- For a thinner soup, add more chicken broth until you reach your desired consistency.
- If you want this soup to be higher in fat without increasing the carb count, you can add more butter.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.