Make classic snowball cookies extra-easy with this Keto Snowball Cookie Casserole aka Keto Mexican Wedding Cookie Casserole! No matter what you call it, each generous piece contains only 2g net carbs.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
Why go through the hassle of making individual cookies when you can make a keto cookie casserole? This Keto Snowball Cookie Casserole has all the amazing flavors of snowball cookies (aka Mexican wedding cookies) in a super easy-to-make casserole form.
I have to say, of all of the recipes I’ve published to this blog (over 200 so far!), this recipe is one of my personal favorites. I hope you like it as much as I do! 🙂
Why You’ll Love This Keto Snowball Cookie Casserole Bars Recipe
- Each very generous piece contains only 2g net carbs.
- It’s perfect for the holidays or just because.
- By baking it in a casserole dish, it’s much easier than traditional snowball cookies.
- Have I mentioned yet that it tastes AMAZING?!
Ingredients Needed to Make Easy Keto Mexican Wedding Cookies Casserole
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Cream cheese
- Swerve Confectioners
- Swerve Brown
- Large eggs
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
How to Make Easy Low Carb Snowball Cookie Bars
This is just a quick overview of how to make this low carb snowballs. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Mix the butter, cream cheese, Swerve Confectioners, and Swerve Brown.
TIP: When adding the Swerve Brown, sprinkle it on top of the other ingredients to make sure it evenly distributes when mixing.
Mix the eggs in, one at a time.
Then mix in the whipping cream and vanilla extract, followed by the dry ingredients. (The dry ingredients should be combined separately in another bowl first, as per the instructions.)
Then add the mixture to a casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
TIP: I used a 7×11″ casserole dish.
Place casserole dish in the oven and bake for 14-20 minutes (highly dependent on your oven), until the edges begin to lightly brown.
TIP: Do NOT overbake! The middle of the casserole will still be relatively soft/wet, but an inserted toothpick should come out mostly clean. The casserole will firm up as it cools.
After baking, allow the casserole to cool for five minutes before lightly dusting on some of the remaining Swerve Confectioners. Then let the casserole cool completely before adding the rest.
TIP: Since Swerve Confectioners is net carb-free, feel free to add more to the top if you’d like!
What are the Other Names for Mexican Wedding Cookies?
If you aren’t familiar with the term “snowball cookie” or “Mexican wedding cookie,” you may recognize:
- Mexican cookies
- Mexican wedding cakes
- Russian tea cake
- Italian wedding cookies
- Greek wedding cookies
No matter the name, they contain flour, water, butter, and ground nuts, and they’re coated in powdered sugar. Different versions use different nuts; the Mexican wedding cookies version uses pecans, just like this recipe. You can also use nuts like hazelnuts, walnuts, or almonds.
Craving Keto Cookies?
Nutrition Facts for Keto Snowball Cookie Bars
Per bar (10 bars total):
- 157 calories
- 14g fat
- 3g protein
- 2g net carbs
Keto Snowball Cookie Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, cream cheese, 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners, and Swerve Brown. When adding the Swerve Brown, sprinkle it on top of the other ingredients to make sure it evenly distributes when mixing.
- Mix on medium-high for 5-6 minutes until fluffy.
- Then, add one egg and mix it in on low. Add the second egg and do the same.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix on low until well combined.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and chopped pecans. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix in on low for 30 seconds until combined.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a casserole dish (preferably 7x11”) with non-stick cooking spray, then evenly spread the batter into the dish.
- Place casserole dish in the oven and bake for 14-20 minutes (highly dependent on your oven), until the edges begin to lightly brown. Do NOT overbake! The middle of the casserole will still be relatively soft/wet, but an inserted toothpick should come out mostly clean. The casserole will firm up as it cools.
- Into a small bowl, add remanining Swerve Confectioners (or more if you'd like to go heavy on the confectioners sugar!).
- After the casserole has cooled for 5 minutes, lightly dust the top with Swerve Confectioners. Reserve the rest of the Swerve Confectioners for later.
- Then let the casserole cool off completely. For the best results when cutting the casserole, place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm up. Cut into 10 pieces.
- Once the casserole has fully cooled, dust the cookies with Swerve Confectioners a second time.
- Cut into 10 even pieces.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.