‘Tis the season for Peppermint Mocha Coffee! This keto friendly version is just as good as Starbucks’ version without all the carbs and sugar. Plus, it contains valuable MCTs!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support!
What I love about keto is how fun (and sometimes really easy!) it is to “keto-ize” certain pre-keto favorites. My Keto Muddy Buddies recipe is my biggest success in that regard so far, but I think this Keto Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Copycat is a very close second. This stuff is GOOD.
I’d like to think that I made it “better than Starbucks” by including nutritious MCT oil powder and by skipping the espresso and using regular coffee instead (just for ease of making it — but if making espresso is your thing, I’ve included an option for that).
As long as you have all of the ingredients available, the only thing standing between you and a keto Peppermint Mocha right now is about five minutes! Also, try our fantastic Keto Eggnog and Keto Cookies with your holiday coffee. Nothing beats enjoying coffee with Keto Snowball Cookie, Keto Snickerdoodles, classic Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies and Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Peppermint Mocha (Starbucks Copycat)
This cocoa powder is amazing! It has a fantastic chocolate flavor without the natural bitterness found in traditional cocoa powder.
Swerve Confectioners is an all-natural sweetener that looks, tastes, and measures just like real confectioners sugar! Because sugar alcohols do not count toward net carbs, it contains 0g net carbs.
This adds nutritious and energizing MCTs to the Peppermint Mocha, not to mention a delicious flavor! Use coupon code FORGET10 at checkout to get $10 off a $40+ order. (FYI, it’s cheaper to buy Perfect Keto products from their site than from Amazon!)
- Unsweetened coconut milk from a carton (not a can!) — I tested it and found that I preferred this over almond milk, but you can use almond milk if it’s what you have available
- Heavy whipping cream
- Peppermint extract — I used McCormick’s
- Blonde roast coffee — I used Starbucks Blonde Verdana Blend
How to Make A Super Easy Keto Peppermint Mocha with 2.4g Net Carbs!
To make this drink, all you have to do is mix all ingredients (I suggest using an electric whisk) except the peppermint extract and place them in a pan over medium heat.
Warm the mixture to your desired temperature (it took me about two minutes to get to mine), turn off the heat, add the peppermint extract, and mix again. Pour into a glass, add optional keto friendly whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings, and enjoy!
How to Add Keto Friendly Whipped Cream
- The easiest method: look for canned whipped cream at the store that emphasizes “real cream” or “natural ingredients.” I used Kroger Extra Creamy Dairy Whipped Topping with Real Cream with 1g net carbs per 2 tbsp.
- Make your own: Keto Whipped Cream
Want a Chilled Keto Peppermint Mocha Starbucks?
If you want to drink yours chilled instead, use cold coffee and mix all ingredients (including the peppermint extract) together. Serve and enjoy!
Want to Use Espresso Instead of Regular Coffee?
I used regular blonde roast coffee in this keto coffee recipe because: 1) not everyone wants to make espresso and 2) I wanted the smooth, mild flavor of blonde roast.
However, if you want to use espresso, you’ll just need 1 oz. If the drink tastes too strong to you after using only 1 oz. of coffee liquid, dilute it a bit by adding more coconut milk.
Want to Learn More About MCT Oil Powder?
I’ve got a post for that! Check out my MCT Oil Powder: What Is It and Should You Take It on Keto? post to learn more.
More Keto Coffee
Also, during the winter months, try our fantastic Keto Hot Chocolate to keep you warm.
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this Keto Peppermint Mocha Starbucks Copycat! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Peppermint Mocha (Starbucks Copycat!)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk (from a carton, not a can)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz blonde roast coffee (brewed)
- 3 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Perfect Keto Chocolate MCT Oil Powder
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract or more to taste
- keto friendly whipped cream (optional)
- keto friendly chocolate shavings (I suggest 100% cacao chocolate)
- Combine all ingredients (I suggest using an electric whisk/milk frother) except the peppermint extract and place them in a pan over medium heat.
- Warm the mixture to your desired temperature (it took me about two minutes to get to mine), turn off the heat, add the peppermint extract, and mix again.
- Pour into a glass, top with keto friendly whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings (optional), and enjoy!
- The peppermint extract is to taste; add more if you like your coffee extra-pepperminty.
- You can use coconut milk or almond milk. I tested it and found that I preferred coconut milk, but you can use almond milk if that's what you have on hand/prefer.
- This can be served iced as well.
- Although the flavor and texture is better with the addition of Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder, you can subsitute it with an additional 3/4 tbsp Ducth process cocoa powder and more Swerve to taste.
- Optional keto friendly whipped cream and chocolate shavings are not included in the nutrition facts.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.