Craving enchiladas? You’ll love this easy-to-make Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole recipe! It’s ready in just about 30 minutes for a quick keto dinner.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
Looking for an easy-to-make keto casserole dish that will win over anyone who tries it? Try this Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole! Instead of 30g+ net carbs per serving with traditional chicken enchiladas, this recipe only contains 6g net carbs per serving.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
- It has all the flavors of chicken enchiladas without all the carbs.
- It uses real, keto-friendly tortillas!
- It’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients Needed to Make This Easy Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Ingredient quantities for this low carb chicken enchiladas recipe are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Almond flour
- Salsa verde – Herdez is a commonly available keto-friendly brand
- Cream cheese
- Chicken broth
- Cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack
- Siete Almond Flour Tortillas – these can be purchased at many grocery stores, including Walmart
What’s the Difference Between Salsa and Salsa Verde?
The most obvious difference is the color: salsa is red; salsa verde is green. But why is the color different?
It’s because salsa verde uses tomatillos (a small, green fruit surrounded by a papery husk with a tart flavor that borders on light citrus) whereas salsa uses red tomatoes. This difference gives salsa and salsa verde not just different colors, but also different flavors.
How to Make Easy Keto Enchilada Bake
This is just a quick overview of how to make this keto enchilada bake casserole. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Saute onion in butter over medium-high heat, then add almond flour.
Once the mixture is combined, add salsa verde, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Cook until mixture thickens.
Then add cooked chicken, cilantro, and 1/2 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese.
When thoroughly combined, add tortilla pieces.
TIP: If you want to use up the extra almond flour tortillas with another keto recipe, try my Keto King Ranch Casserole!
Transfer mixture to baking dish and cover with remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted (about 15 minutes). Out comes this amazing keto chicken casserole!
Nutrition Facts for Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
Per serving (6 servings):
- 174 calories
- 13g fat
- 5g protein
- 6g net carbs
NOTE: This recipe is a little lower in fat (and calories) than most keto recipes, so you may want to serve it with a fat-heavy side. Guacamole is a great choice!
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy keto enchiladas casserole! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/3 cup 2.6 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack divided
- 2 Siete Almond Flour Tortillas cut into 1/2”x 1/4” pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent. Add almond flour; cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in salsa verde, cream cheese, and chicken broth until sauce thickens.
- Stir in chicken, cilantro, and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. When thoroughly combined, add tortilla pieces.
- Transfer mixture to an 8"x8" baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.