Keto Salted Caramel Fat Bomb Bars are decadent keto dessert bars that will help boost your fat intake while satisfying your dessert cravings. You won’t regret making this tasty treat!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links. Thank you for your support!
These Keto Salted Caramel Fat Bomb Bars are just the sweet treat you need to boost your fat intake and satisfy your dessert cravings! Picture this (or just stare at the photo above): a salted caramel-flavored base topped with a thin layer of coconut oil-based chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt for a wonderful mix of sweet and salty. So, so good and 8g fat per piece!
The salted caramel flavor in these bars is thanks to Perfect Keto’s Salted Caramel MCT Oil Powder. It’s my favorite flavor of their MCT Oil Powder and can be used to flavor coffee, smoothies, and desserts while delivering valuable MCTs. (If you don’t know what MCTs are, I have a resource for you later in this post.) The rest of the ingredients are keto kitchen staples that you’ll likely have on hand.
Oh, and you can also use this recipe to make Keto Salted Caramel Pudding if you skip the chocolate topping and don’t freeze the filling. The texture reminds me so much of Kraft Jello Instant Pudding Mix. Yum!
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Salted Caramel Fat Bomb Bars + Coupon Code!
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Coupon Code: Use coupon code FORGETSUGARFRIDAY to get a whopping 15% off your Perfect Keto order! The coupon is a one-time use code, so make sure to stock up. 🙂
Perfect Keto Salted Caramel MCT Oil Powder: This stuff is SO good, contains valuable MCTs, and tastes like you’re eating dessert! I love it mixed in almond milk. It is great with coffee too. If you love salted caramel, you’ll also want to check out their Salted Caramel Keto Bars!
Swerve Confectioners: If you’re looking for a sugar substitute, you’ll love Swerve Confectioners! It uses (natural) sugar alcohols which have zero effect on blood sugar, meaning you can subtract them from the net carb count. (That gives Swerve zero net carbs.) It also measures just like sugar, so there isn’t any guessing about how much to use. I purchase the 48 oz. bags because they are convenient and a much better price per ounce than the 12 oz. bags.
Nutiva Coconut Oil: While my favorite coconut oil is Dr. Bronner’s, Nutiva is a great brand that provides affordable, high-quality bulk options. I often buy the 54 oz. containers!
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Salt (preferably sea salt)
How to Make Keto Salted Caramel Fat Bomb Bars
This is just a quick overview of how to make the fat bomb bars. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
There are three phases to this recipe, but they are all EASY. In phase one, you will make the salted caramel base. In phase two, you will make the chocolate topping. In phase three, you will pour the chocolate topping on the salted caramel base.
Phase 1: Make the Salted Caramel Base
Add the softened butter and cream cheese to a heated saucepan. Once the butter melts (it will melt first), add the vanilla extract and keep saucepan on the heat. Mash with a fork until semi-combined:
Then, using a hand mixer, mix until well-combined:
Next, add the rest of the salted caramel base ingredients and again mix with a hand mixer until well-combined:
At this point, you now have Keto Salted Caramel Pudding! You are more than welcome to stop here and enjoy it as-is. (FYI, it will firm up a bit in the fridge to a creamy, cheesecake-like consistency.)
Spread evenly in a pan preferably lined with parchment paper for easy removal. (Unpictured, but highly recommended to reduce sticking. Leave enough of an overhang so you can lift the uncut bars out.) Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Phase 2: Make the Chocolate Topping
A few minutes before you take the salted caramel base out of the freezer, combine all the topping ingredients and mix well to create a liquid topping. (This topping is so good and so versatile!)
Phase 3: Create the Final Fat Bomb Bars
Remove salted caramel base from freezer. If there are any ridges on the top, smooth them a bit with the back of a spoon. Then, pour chocolate topping on top, as evenly as possible, tilting the pan if necessary.
Sprinkle some sea salt on top (unpictured) to taste, then return the pan to the freezer (covered) for 4 hours. Unlike my similar Keto Chocolate Heaven recipe, these salted caramel bars need a lot of time to firm up before cutting. (In fact, food blogger confession: I was running out of daylight on the day I photographed these and had to cut them prematurely, and you can see that they aren’t completely even.)
Remove from freezer (and pan if you used parchment paper), thaw for 15 minutes, then carefully cut into 30 servings. Once they’re cut, you can store them in either the fridge or freezer depending on how firm you would like them.
Why Use MCT Oil Powder?
In this recipe, MCT Oil Powder serves as both a flavoring and a fat boost. To learn more about the benefits of including MCT Oil Powder in your diet, check out my post: MCT Oil Powder: What Is It and Should You Take It on Keto?
More Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
If you like these keto fat bomb bars, make sure to check out my Keto Chocolate Peppermint Fat Bombs (Andes Mints Copycat!) and Piña Colada Keto Fat Bombs!
Nutrition Facts for Keto Salted Caramel Fat Bomb Bars
Each piece contains:
- 78 calories
- 8g fat
- 0g protein
- 0.66g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this easy keto fat bomb bar recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
Keto Salted Caramel Fat Bomb Bars
Salted Caramel Base Ingredients
How to Make the Salted Caramel Base
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, add softened butter and cream cheese. Once the butter is melted (it will melt first), add the vanilla extract and use a fork to mash the cream cheese into the melted butter. Keep on heat a bit longer until the cream cheese melts more.
- Once the mixture is mostly melted and semi-combined, remove from heat. Using a hand mixer, mix until fluffy and fully combined.
- Add Swerve, MCT Oil powder, and salt. Use a hand mixer to whip to a fluffy, pudding-like consistency.
- Spread mixture evenly into a pan (preferably one lined with parchment paper for easy removal; leave enough of an overhang so you can lift the uncut bars out), making the top as smooth as possible. (I used an 8x6x2" glass pan.)
- Freeze for 30 minutes. A few minutes before getting it out of the freezer, make the chocolate topping.
How to Make the Chocolate Topping
- Mix all ingredients. (Note that the coconut oil should be melted, and the topping should be made right before adding it to the base; otherwise, it will begin to firm up.)
How to Make the Fat Bomb Bars
- Remove salted caramel base from freezer. If there are any ridges on the top, smooth them a bit with the back of a spoon.
- Pour chocolate topping on top, as evenly as possible, tilting the pan if necessary.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top to taste, then return the pan to the freezer (covered) for 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and thaw for 15 minutes. If you used parchment paper, pull the bars out in the parchment paper, remove the parchment paper, and place on cutting board. Carefully cut into 30 pieces, and enjoy!
- These can also be made in silicone fat bomb molds instead of a pan if you don't want to bother with cutting the bars.
- If you struggle to cut the bars, use a knife dipped in hot water then wiped dry on a towel.
- After cutting, store covered in the fridge or freezer depending on your desired consistency.
- Since this recipe is so low in carbs, feel free to reduce the number of servings by cutting bigger bars. 15 servings would be great too!
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.