Looking for a keto-optimized bar that tastes great, is full of flavor, and won’t kick you out of ketosis? Check out my review of Perfect Keto’s Keto Bars! I’ve also included an exclusive coupon for 15% off.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links, at no extra cost to you. Additionally, Perfect Keto provided me with a box of keto bars, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!
Confession: As much as I love whipping up keto treats in my kitchen, sometimes I just want something convenient. I want to grab something pre-packaged from my pantry, throw it in my purse, and know that I can trust the ingredients.
I love what keto has done for my body and my life, and I am willing to make sacrifices (like that time I carried around an avocado in my purse…), but I’m also human and I want to be lazy sometimes! 😉
Needless to say, I was thrilled when my favorite keto company, Perfect Keto, announced that they would be creating packaged bars that were optimized for the keto diet. They:
- Are research-based. It took Dr. Anthony Gustin of Perfect Keto one year and 18 different iterations to create a bar that won’t kick you out of ketosis! (More on his experiments below.)
- Do not contain artificial sweeteners, dairy, gluten, soy, or corn.
- Have keto-optimized macros. Each bar contains 19g fat, 10g protein, and only 3g net carbs. Because of this, they’re extremely satisfying and will keep you full for hours.
- Taste amazing! They are rich, flavorful, and (thankfully!) lacks that syrupy-sweetness that makes so many energy bars taste like protein-filled candy bars. Keep reading for my favorite flavor!
Needless to say, I’m in love!
If you want to skip the rest of this review and grab some Perfect Keto Bars for yourself, use this link and enter coupon code FORGETSUGARFRIDAY at checkout. You can get 15% off UNLIMITED boxes as long as you order them all in the same order!
What Flavors of Perfect Keto Bars are Available?
Perfect Keto currently offers three flavors of keto bars with more on the way! The available flavors:
It’s hard to pick a favorite out of all three flavors (I love and eat all of them!), but if I had to choose, my line-up is like this:
- If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one flavor available to me, it would be Salted Caramel.
- If a ship came to rescue me, I’d be thrilled if they brought a box of Almond Butter Brownie with them.
- Once I got back to civilization, I’d be hoping that I could quickly locate a box of Lemon Poppyseed.
Once you pick up all three, I’d love to know your desert island flavor line-up. 🙂
How Many Net Carbs are in Perfect Keto Bars?
Almond Butter Brownie
- 3g net carbs
- 19g fat
- 10g protein
- 230 calories
- 2g net carbs
- 18g fat
- 11g protein
- 230 calories
- 2g net carbs
- 18g fat
- 11g protein
- 230 calories
Because of their nutrition profile, Perfect Keto bars make an excellent grab-and-go meal or snack! (Case-in-point: I helped a family member move this past weekend and it was an allllll day event. I had a Perfect Keto Bar with me and it sustained me through the entire process!)
What are the Ingredients in Perfect Keto Bars vs. Other Bars?
Here are the ingredients in Perfect Keto’s Almond Butter Brownie Bars:
Organic Almond Butter, Cacao Butter, Collagen Protein, Organic Cocoa, Almond Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Soluble Tapioca Fiber*, Sunflower Lecithin**, Natural Flavors, Stevia.
*Uniquely formulated to reduce the risk of increased blood sugar
**NOT soy lecithin like a lot of companies!
By contrast, here are the ingredients in a Pure Protein Chewy Chocolate Chip bar. This is a bar I used to love:
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chocolate Flavor Coating (Maltitol, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Cocoa (processed with Alkali), Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Glycerin, Soy Crisps (Soy Protein Isolate, Tapioca Starch, Salt), Milk Chocolate Drops (Sugar, Whole Milk Powder, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla Flavor), Maltitol Syrup, Water, Maltodextrin, Soy Protein Isolate, Canola Oil, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Powder, Sucralose, Xanthan Gum, Peanut Flour, Soy Lecithin, Almond Butter.
YIKES! That is a whole lot of sugar, soy, palm oil, and artificial sweeteners… in a “pure” protein bar!
How Do Perfect Keto Bars Impact Blood Sugar vs. Other Bars?
This is a must-watch video if you are even mildly interested in keto, metabolism, and snack food. If you don’t have time to watch it right now, the short version is:
- Quest and Dang bars spiked his glucose by 20-30 points.
- Bulletproof bars spiked it by 40 points for 5 hours.
- Perfect Keto Bars increased his glucose by 3 points. That’s about as much as you would expect from standing up or sitting down.
How Can You Use Perfect Keto Bars?
These bars are ideal for any time you need an on-the-go snack or meal or whenever you’re in a time crunch and need something keto friendly fast. Think…
- Pre-workout. A bar about an hour before a workout. Even better if combined with Perform Pre-Workout!
- In your purse. You’ll never find yourself stopping at a gas station desperately looking for a bag of pork rinds or pecans when you have a Perfect Keto Bar in your purse at all times!
- Camping. I get so many questions about what to pack on camping trips. Perfect Keto Bars are perfect for camping!
- As dessert. Slather a keto bar with some Perfect Keto nut butter and call me from heaven (haha).
- As on-the-go fuel. Take one with you when you leave the house in a hurry.
How Much Do Perfect Keto Bars Cost vs. Other Bars?
First, let me show you the price of some other energy and protein bars out there right now. I pulled these from GNC’s website:
- Amazing Grass Protein Superfood: $2.99 per bar, available in a box of 12
- Chef Robert Irvine’s Fit Crunch: $2.79 per bar, available in a single bar
- Grenade Carb Killa (yes, it’s called that…): $2.50 per bar, available in a box of 12
- MuscleTech Protein Candy Bar (at least they’re not hiding that it’s a candy bar!): $2.50 per bar, available in a box of 12
- RXBAR: $2.17 per bar, available in a box of 12
- GNC Total Lean Bar: $1.99 per bar, available in a single bar
Based on GNC’s prices, it’s normal to spend between $1.99 and $2.99 per bar.
The problem is, with the exception of the Amazing Grass bar and RXBAR, many of these bars are loaded with crazy ingredients like I showed you above. The Amazing Grass bar and RXBAR, while more natural, are loaded with carbs.
Perfect Keto’s bars are normally priced at $39 per box, which is $3.25 per bar. To get a bar loaded with high-quality (and some organic ingredients), I think an extra 25 cents or so is not a big deal at all. You get what you pay for!
However, I have an awesome coupon for you that will get you the bars at only $2.76 per bar!
How to Get Perfect Keto Bars at a 15% Discount!
To get a 15% discount on Perfect Keto Bars, use this link and input coupon code FORGETSUGARFRIDAY at checkout. This is a one-time use code (and can be used on all products!), but you can purchase UNLIMITED boxes (plus any other items you want) as long as they’re ordered all in the same order.