Missing the delicious flavors of egg rolls? Try this flavorful Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl instead! Instead of 22g+ net carbs per single egg roll, you can eat a whole serving of this for a mere 3g net carbs.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll make a small commission if you purchase through one of my links.
Looking for an easy-to-make keto meal that reminds you of one of your old favorites… but without all the carbs? If you are, you’re going to love this easy Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe! It’s a deconstructed egg roll packed with all of the yummy filling flavors that you know and love. Bookmark this page now because this is going to become one of your favorite keto recipes!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Egg Roll Recipe
- Each serving contains only 3g net carbs instead of 22g+ in a standard egg roll!
- It’s packed with flavor thanks to a variety of flavorful ingredients like spicy pork sausage, fresh ginger, toasted sesame oil, and tamari (gluten-free soy sauce).
- It’s made in only FOUR steps!
- It’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
- For the non-ketoers in your household, you can add the filling to egg roll wrappers and cook them as instructed on the packaging.
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
Ingredient quantities are located in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Spicy bulk pork sausage
- Green cabbage
- Garlic powder
- Toasted sesame oil
- Fresh ginger
- Green onions
- Rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds
How to Make This Low Carb Egg Roll
This is just a quick overview of how to make Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl. For the recipe in detail, scroll to the recipe card at the end of the post.
This easy low carb egg roll in a bowl comes together in just FOUR simple steps, all listed in the recipe card at the end of the post. The quick version is you cook your pork sausage, then add in the veggies and some of the seasonings…
TIP: If you don’t want to use pork, you can substitute with your ground meat of choice. Keep in mind that you will need to season it to taste if it is plain instead of spicy.
… then cook, add in the final ingredients, combine, and cook until heated through. Don’t you just want to dive into this delightful bowl of egg roll goodness? 😍
Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Your meal is ready!
How Many Carbs are in Regular Egg Rolls?
According to Nutritionix, a single egg roll can contain a whopping 22g net carbs! That means that only one standard egg roll will knock people mostly or fully out of ketosis. And let’s be real here… who eats a single egg roll?!
How Many Carbs are in a Keto Egg Roll?
To lower the carbs in an egg roll, the keto version is a deconstructed egg roll in a bowl. Instead of the 22g net carbs in a regular egg roll, a keto egg roll (in a bowl) should have far fewer carbs so you can stay in ketosis. This keto egg roll recipe contains only 3g net carbs per serving.
What is Inside of a Keto Egg Roll?
It will have:
- Veggies like shredded cabbage, carrot (you can omit the carrot to lower the carbs, but I find that this makes it taste less authentic), and green onions
- Ground pork
- Seasonings and sauces like garlic powder, fresh ginger, tamari (wheat-free soy sauce), and rice vinegar
All of these are added to the bowl after they have been fried.
Nutrition Facts for Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 355 calories
- 30g fat
- 16g protein
- 3g net carbs
Like This Post? Give it a Share!
I hope you love this keto egg roll recipe! If you liked this post, I would so appreciate you giving it a share by using the social sharing icons. THANK YOU!
- 1 1/4 lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a large high-sided pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the sausage into small pieces as it cooks. Cook for approximately 5-6 minutes until sausage is no longer pink, then remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from the pan.
- Return pan or skillet to heat. Add a little water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce the heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Add rice vinegar and tamari and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through, then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.