These zero-carb Keto Butter Burgers are the ultimate savory fat bomb! Serve them any time of the day for a “bomb” of fat and flavor. Easy to make and even easier to eat!
(Update: This post now includes a sheet pan version with broccoli for quick meal prep! I’ve also included a section for how to freeze Butter Burgers if you don’t want to make them all right now. You will find both of these sections near the end of the post!)
Every day, I receive emails from keto dieters who say, “I AM SO SICK OF EATING EGGS.”
I also get emails saying, “Easy recipes, please!” As a certified Easy Recipe Creator (that’s not a real thing of course, but I am the last person on the planet capable of dreaming up a complex recipe), I am happy to deliver an easy, egg-free keto recipe with this post.
Keto Butter Burgers: The Ultimate Savory Fat Bomb
I call them Keto Butter Burgers, and with 10g fat per mini-burger, they are the ultimate savory fat bomb. Have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack — they’re perfect any time of the day! They’re easy to transport and taste great reheated.
Oh, and did I mention that they’ll make your kitchen smell like you just brought home McDonald’s food? (Not keto food at McDonald’s, but the whole burger-and-fries smell.) The beef-butter-cheese ingredient combo must be magical to give these Butter Burgers have that perfect McDonald’s smell without the carbs.
The Silicone Muffin Pan I Used for These Burgers
These are also great for making egg cups and fat bombs!
How to Make Keto Butter Burgers: Step by Step
You’ll have these savory fat bombs ready in no time! Don’t be intimidated by the number of steps; they’re all super easy.
Step #1: First start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
Step #2: In a medium-sized bowl, combine ground beef with your desired amount of salt and pepper. Optionally, add onion powder and/or garlic powder.
Step #3: Press a small amount of beef (about 1 tbsp) into the bottom of a non-stick, 12-slot muffin pan (you can use a regular muffin pan or a silicone muffin pan) so the bottom is fully covered.
NOTE: If you use a silicone muffin pan, place the silicone pan on a sheet pan to prevent the oil from spilling when you remove the pan from the oven. (I didn’t do this the first time and it wasn’t a smart move!)
Step #4: Add a pat of butter to the top of each piece of beef.
Step #5: Again add beef to the top. Press to flatten.
Step #6: Add a small piece of cheese to the beef.
Step #7: Add a final layer of beef. (It’s okay if you don’t have quite enough beef left to fully cover the top of the cheese.) Press to flatten.
Step #8: Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Step #9: A very important step! When the baking is complete, turn OFF the oven and crack the oven door for a few minutes to release the heat. This is to allow the excess oil to cool down.
Step #10: A very important step! Please be VERY CAREFUL before removing your muffin pan from the oven because the fat from the beef and butter will be very hot.
Step #11: Using a fork, remove each Butter Burger from the pan and place on a plate.
NOTE: There will be a delicious beef fat/butter combo remaining in the muffin pan. Save this and use it to drizzle on your Butter Burgers, cook veggies, etc.
What to Serve with Keto Butter Burgers
You can eat each savory fat bomb on its own, or you can serve with low-carb veggies of your choosing. A bed of mixed green is always a great choice! To drink, you could serve these alongside a keto coffee, keto cocktail, or sparkling water.
How to Reheat Keto Butter Burgers
You can reheat this recipe one of a few ways:
- In the microwave. Fast and easy!
- In a pan on the stove. This is a nice option because it browns them nicely. Use some of the leftover burger fat/butter as your frying oil.
- On the grill in a grill pan or in a George Foreman grill.
How to Freeze Butter Burgers for Easy Meal Prep
Don’t want to bake 12 Butter Burgers at once? No problem! You can follow Steps 1-7 (the assembly steps) and then freeze your Butter Burgers in your muffin pan for 45 minutes. Then pop them out (a silicone muffin pan makes this SO easy)…
and store them in a covered freezer-safe container until you need them!
To use frozen Butter Burgers: I suggest unthawing them in the fridge before using them for best results or you can reheat them from frozen with a portable electric oven. (Seriously!) To learn more about how to reheat Butter Burgers in a portable electric oven (the coolest keto meal prep device ever!), check out this post.
Sheet Pan Butter Burgers with Broccoli (Easy Keto Meal Prep!)
Update: I’ve created a NEW sheet pan version of this recipe that will give you a quick and easy keto meal. The delicious beef fat and butter infuses into the broccoli and makes it taste SO good. It’s a really delicious way to get in some extra veggies!
To make this sheet pan version, you will need: four cups (364g) of raw chopped broccoli, eight uncooked Butter Burgers, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Step #1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Step #2: Add your chopped broccoli to a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper, and a light drizzle of olive oil.
Step #3: Add your raw chopped broccoli to a non-stick cookie sheet, preferably one covered with a silicone baking mat. Make sure the broccoli is spread in a single layer.
Step #4: Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place eight uncooked Butter Burgers on top, spread apart like this:
Step #5: Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes until the burgers are cooked through. (The internal temperature throughout should be at least 160 degrees F as measured by a meat thermometer.)
Step #6: Let cool and enjoy!
Nutrition information for Sheet Pan Butter Burgers with Broccoli: This makes four servings, each with two Butter Burgers and 1/4 of the broccoli. The four cups of broccoli will add 14.4g net carbs, or 3.6g net carbs per serving. (The Butter Burgers have zero net carbs.)
Like This Savory Fat Bomb Recipe? Please Give it a Share!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, can you please give this post a share on social media by using the social sharing icons? Thanks so much!
Also, if you’re looking for another way to make ground beef delicious, try my keto taco seasoning recipe! It’s so easy to make and much lower in carbs than the taco seasoning packets you find at the store.
Keto Butter Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef (85% lean)
- 3 T butter
- 2 oz cheese (any kind; I used Colby Jack)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste (optional)
- Garlic powder to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ground beef with your desired amount of salt and pepper. Optionally, add onion powder and/or garlic powder.
- Press a small amount of beef (about 1 tbsp) into the bottom of a non-stick, 12-slot muffin pan so the bottom is fully covered.
- Add a pat of butter to the top of each piece of beef.
- Again add beef to the top. Press to flatten.
- Add a small piece of cheese to the beef.
- Add a final layer of beef. (It's okay if you don't have quite enough beef left to fully cover the top of the cheese.) Press to flatten.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. **If using a silicone muffin pan, place it on top of a cookie sheet before adding it to the oven!**
- When the baking is complete, turn OFF the oven and crack the oven door for a few minutes to release the heat. This is to allow the excess oil to cool down.
- Please be VERY CAREFUL before removing your muffin pan from the oven because the fat from the beef and butter will be very hot.
- Using a fork, remove each Butter Burger from the pan and place on a plate. (Note: Your burgers should be cooked through; if they're not, return them to the oven for a few minutes.)
- There will be a delicious beef fat/butter combo remaining in the muffin pan. Save this and use it to drizzle on your Butter Burgers, cook veggies, etc.
Nutrition facts are included as a courtesy only. They are accurate to the best of our knowledge based on the ingredients and brands used, but their accuracy is not guaranteed. If applicable, sugar alcohols have already been removed from the total carb count.