Keto Taco Cups
Looking for the easiest keto appetizer recipe? These Keto Taco Cups are easy to make, unbelievably tasty, and so fun to eat! Plus, learn how to set up your own keto taco bar.
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Cool time 10 minutes
Total Time 14 minutes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- keto-friendly fillings as desired
Preheat oven to 350 F.
The easiest way to make these is to use a cookie sheet covered with a silicone baking mat, as well as a silicone cupcake pan. If you aren’t using silicone, coat your cookie sheet and cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray (or oil) for easy removal of the cheese cups.
On your cookie sheet (preferably covered with a silicone baking mat), make eight circles using shredded cheddar cheese. Each circle is made from 2 tbsp cheese and should be approximately 3 1/2″ in diameter.
Place cookie sheet in preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes until edges begin to brown.
Remove cookie sheet from oven, let cool for 10 seconds, and then carefully remove each cheese circle and place inside a muffin pan slot to form a cup.
Let the Keto Taco Cups cool inside the muffin pan for at least 10 minutes before carefully removing the cups and filling them with desired fillings.
- I read a great tip online to make the circles “lacey” (as in, leave some space between some of the cheese shreds) for the crispiest shells.
- To make taco-seasoned Keto Taco Cups, mix one cup shredded cheese (the amount you’ll use for eight taco cups) with 1 tsp Keto Taco Seasoning.
- Feel free to experiment with the 5-7 minutes baking range. I baked some cheese for 7 minutes, which significantly browns the edges and makes them quite crispy, but they’re prone to breaking on the edges. The cheese I baked only 5 minutes was (as you would expect!) much more pliable when I pulled them off the cookie sheet and didn’t have any breakage issues, but they didn’t end up as crispy. I preferred the 7-minute cups.
- If some of the cheese circles begin to harden before you can remove them, place the pan back in the oven for a few seconds to make them pliable again.
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 13mg | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 0.1mg