Vanilla Ice Cream Keto Coffee Smoothie
A keto friendly kick of caffeine that tastes like vanilla ice cream!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Total Time 2 minutes
- 3.75 oz Death Wish Coffee or strong coffee frozen into ice cubes
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp Perfect Keto MCT Oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp stevia
Freeze coffee in an ice cube tray. (12 oz coffee will fill a standard ice cube tray.) Note: If you don't use Death Wish Coffee, you will need to use more coffee cubes if you want the same caffeine content.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour in a glass.
Important note about the caffeine content: According to Death Wish Coffee's FAQ, there are 54.2 mg caffeine per ounce. A typical Dunkin' Donuts coffee has 12.7 mg per ounce, and a Starbucks coffee has 20.6 mg per ounce. This recipe calls for 3.75oz (5 frozen ice cubes), giving you about 200 mg caffeine. If that is too much caffeine for you, use less Death Wish Coffee.
If you prefer not to use Death Wish Coffee, you can use strongly brewed coffee.
If you don't consume dairy, use nutpods Unsweetened Dairy-Free Creamer instead of the whipping cream.
How to thicken your smoothie:
- Be patient. The chia seeds will do a good job of thickening the smoothie if you let it sit about 6-8 minutes after blending.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is an awesome keto-friendly food that will do a fantastic job of thickening this smoothie. You can get it here!
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Calcium: 545mg | Iron: 0.9mg